Sunday, June 19, 2022

Chapter 119: Catherine Gets Her Affairs in Order

Google: docs, pub

King Grinthal was very glad to be released from his bottle.  He did look slightly emaciated from his captivity.  (It was unclear how much Catherine had been feeding him when he was trapped in the glass bottle.)  

“So, King Grinthal,” said Catherine.  “I will no longer be needing your services, as it turns out.  I request that you take your army out of Castle Tauna.”

“At once, my Queen,” Grinthal answered.

“You and your army are, of course, still welcome in my forest, if you wish to stay.”

“We will be leaving the forest at once,” said Grinthal.

“A pity,” said Catherine.  “I had been looking forward to being neighbors.   Where is your army going, Grinthal?”

“Back into the mountains,” Grinthal replied.

“Well, at least I know where to find you,” said Catherine.  “Take care, Grinthal.”

And with that, Grinthal scattered out of the throne room.

Catherine turned to Vivian.  “Well, Vivian, with both me and your father in the other realm, you are next in line to inherit the throne.  You  will rule in my absence as regent.”

“I do not wish to undermine your rule,” Vivian responded.

“You will not.  I am appointing you regent in my stead.  Protect the castle while I am gone.  There is still a possibility that the monsters could arise out of the ground while we are gone.”

“I will be on my guard,” said Vivian.

“Very well then.  Alfred, are you ready?”

“I am, Catherine.”

“Let us go,” said Catherine.

No comments:

Post a Comment